Delicious sponge cake filled with bananas and sweet vanilla cream. We want to share our recipe for heavenly banana rolls with you.
Bananas are a popular ingredient in sweet desserts. Whether in crêpes, like a banana cake or banana split. We can’t get enough of bananas – they taste good at any time of the year.
The sweet fruit harmonizes particularly well with chocolate or vanilla cream. We have found a super delicious recipe for a perfect banana roll for summer.
Banana Roll: Easy Recipe
Our banana roll is filled with bananas and refreshing vanilla cream. It consists of a wonderfully airy biscuit. If you like it chocolatey, you can add a little cocoa powder to the dough or refine the cream with a little Nutella.
The banana roll tastes delicious when it comes fresh from the fridge. Then it is nice and cold and offers the perfect cooling on warm summer days. Here is our simple recipe.
You Need These Ingredients:
For the biscuit
- 4 eggs
- 125 grams of sugar
- 1/2 pack vanilla sugar
- 150 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
For the filling
- 1 lemon
- 250ml of water
- 150 grams of sugar
- 2 packs of vanilla pudding powder
- 250 grams of butter
- 4 bananas
And This Is How The Preparation Succeeds:
- Put the eggs, sugar, and vanilla sugar in a bowl and beat for about 15 minutes until fluffy. It would be best if you stirred for a long time to make the biscuit nice and airy. Fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the dough—Bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for about 15 minutes.
- Spread out a (dish) towel on the worktop and sprinkle with some sugar or vanilla sugar. As soon as the dough is ready, turn it onto the cloth while still warm. It would be best if you were as quick as possible to cool down and break the dough. Then remove the parchment paper from the biscuit and roll it into a roll. Then set the roll aside to cool.
- Squeeze the lemon. Place in a saucepan with about 200ml water and the sugar. Stir and then bring the liquid to a boil.
- Meanwhile, put custard powder in a bowl, add some water and stir until there are no lumps. Then add the pudding to the lemon water in the saucepan and stir.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the butter, and mix well. Allow the mixture to cool and stir from time to time.
- As soon as the biscuit and pudding mixture cooled, carefully roll out the dough from the cloth. Then you spread the cream on it—Reserve 3 tablespoons of the cream for the edges.
Tip: If you like the combination of banana and Nutella, you can spread Nutella on the biscuit first and only then pour the cream over it. Tastes delicious!
8th.Put the bananas in the mix. Place two in front of and behind each other on the dough. Then roll up the biscuit again. The cream should be sticky enough to hold the dough together well. Now spread the ends with the remaining cream. Refrigerate for at least an hour, so the biscuit is nice and cool. You can also dust the roll with powdered sugar before serving. It was so delicious!
We wish you a lot of fun imitating and enjoying it. You are welcome to send us a photo of your result on Instagram or Facebook – we look forward to it!
Also Read: Light Lunch: The Best Recipes For A Low-Calorie Lunch