Dark spots on the skin of the hands or face are not diseases. These are simply spontaneous reactions of the epidermis to sun exposure or changes due to aging. Whatever the reason, sometimes these spots can be annoying, and you would like to find a remedy to eliminate them. Well, eliminating is a bit of an exaggeration. Better to use the word ” attenuate ” or ” lighten. “
It is not possible to eliminate a stain that has formed over time without resorting, for example, to plastic surgery or dermabrasion.
However, some remedies can help make the spots on the skinless evident so that they practically disappear entirely with a good foundation or colored powder. You can find different types of do-it-yourself masks on this site, which can be easily made with readily available ingredients: the one with aspirin, for example, or the turmeric or vitamin C mask. Even parsley can help!
What To Do
- Waiting and having patience is undoubtedly the most suitable remedy for the spots on the face typical of pregnancy. In all likelihood, after the baby’s birth or after breastfeeding, melasma disappears thanks to restoring hormonal levels.
- Cosmetic products with depigmenting and lightening action are undoubtedly one of the most effective remedies to combat dark spots on the skin of the face.
- Apply vitamin E-based creams to the skin of the face: tocopherol is a powerful antioxidant indicated to counteract free radicals. In general, thanks to the anti-inflammatory and anti-radical properties, creams enriched with vitamins or other antioxidants can prevent the damage caused by oxidative stress.
- Covering products (e.g., foundation ): while not acting directly on the cause, cosmetics with covering action are very effective in camouflaging skin imperfections such as spots on the face.
- I prefer mild and non-aggressive cleansers for face and body cleansing.
- Strengthen the immune defenses: stress, seasonal allergies, and flu diseases can negatively affect the white spots on the face, making the disorder even more evident.
What Not To Do
- Expose yourself to the sun immediately after treatment with exfoliating agents
- Exposing yourself to the sun without sunscreen is suitable for your skin type.
- Apply depigmenting cosmetics/drugs on the skin during pregnancy: some substances (e.g., retinoids) are potential teratogens capable of inducing severe malformations in the unborn child.
- Use aggressive and poor-quality cleansers for face and body hygiene.
- Stop a hormone treatment (hypothetical cause of the face spots) without consulting your doctor.
- Take medications (e.g., Foshan, Photobarr, Visudyne) or photosensitizing substances before undergoing laser treatment to remove some dark spots from the skin.
What To Eat And What Not To Eat
There is no scientific evidence that food relates to improving or worsening facial blemish symptoms. It is recommended that you eat a healthy, balanced diet rich in fruit, vegetables, and low in fat.
Seven Tricks To Eliminate Dark Spots On The Skin With DIY Preparations
- Castor oil and eucalyptus essential oil, mixed in equal parts, should be applied morning and evening to obtain a lightening effect on skin blemishes.
- Almond oil is a natural ingredient containing Niacin and Vitamin E, beneficial against skin blemishes. It should be used pure, massaging the skin in correspondence with the spots every night before sleep.
- Yogurt: It contains lactic acid, which can eliminate impurities. It is applied to the cleansed skin of the hands or face and left to rest for a few minutes. In the end, rinse with warm water and pat dry.
- Bicarbonate: Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with a tablespoon of cinnamon and lemon juice, just enough to emulsify the two powders and create a soft cream. Apply to the face like a mask, leave for fifteen minutes, and then rinse. Please do not use it on irritated or inflamed skin.
- Honey and turmeric: The winning combination for radiant skin is the mask with honey and turmeric, mixed in equal parts and applied to hands and face for twenty minutes. Rinse and pat, then use a good moisturizer.
- Aloe Vera: This incredible plant is an effective skin ally for all its problems. Also, to reduce the spots, the gel obtained from the aloe leaf is one of the first possible choices, especially if you have a plant at home. The sites should be massaged with aloe gel for at least a month.
- Cucumber: The perfect natural remedy for skin blemishes is half a cucumber, chopped and pureed, 50ml carrot juice, and 30ml wheat germ oil.
These remedies can help smooth out dark spots on your skin or get rid of light marks, but of course, they don’t work wonders. For dark spots that are important and prolonged over time, it would be advisable to consult a plastic surgery doctor to solve the problem.
Also Read: The Top 15 Foods For Beautiful Skin And Hair