The summer season is fast approaching, but maybe you don’t feel at your best yet? With the smoothie diet, you can treat your body to a pleasant, short detox, including successful weight loss. This is important to keep in mind when following the smoothie diet.
A short smoothie diet can be a detox for the mind and body.
Your thoughts are not constantly revolving around: when, what, and where should I eat. That can be very liberating at times.
In addition, the diet is easy to carry out: throw fresh fruit and vegetables in the blender, puree briefly – bang, the fresh, healthy smoothies are ready.
During the diet, your gastrointestinal tract is also relieved, your body is supplied with a great many vitamins and nutrients, and in the end, the scales can show a few kilos less.
However, to successfully implement the smoothie diet, you should pay attention to a few points.
The Positive Effect Of Smoothies
Smoothies are a healthy breakfast alternative and can also be very supportive after exercise. The advantage over juices: Since the ingredients are finely pureed, all the roughage is retained.
This has the positive effect of slowing down the absorption of fructose and nutrients and digestion.
In other words: we stay full longer. But that also means that some smoothies can be very nutritious, high in calories, and a meal replacement, especially if bananas, avocados, nuts, or nut butter are involved.
The Federal Center for Nutrition (BZfE) sees smoothies as a balanced and healthy supplement, whether with fruit or vegetables.
“Smoothies can occasionally replace up to two servings of the recommended five servings of fruit and vegetables per day,”.
A portion size refers to 200 to 250 milliliters content.
This Is How The Smoothie Diet Works
Just before you start: Check whether your high-performance blender or smoothie maker is ready to go, whether there are fresh vegetables and fruit in stock and, for example, some linseed oil, possibly almond drink, coconut milk, coconut water, hemp seeds, or protein powder – or what you like best.
A smoothie diet is most effective if you avoid entirely solid food for three to seven days and replace all meals, including snacks, with smoothies – you can drink up to six smoothies in total, preferably every two hours.
It should be noted that the smoothies should consist of at least 50 percent vegetables such as spinach, rocket, cucumber, celery, mint, carrots, avocado, or beetroot so that the fructose content is not too high. Green smoothies are best.
If that’s too hard for you, you can replace one or two meals with smoothies. Here, too, you move in the desired calorie deficit without any cravings, and the risk of the yo-yo effect is reduced.
Fatty ingredients such as avocado, coconut butter, chia seeds, flaxseed, or hemp seeds keep you full longer and slow down the body’s sugar absorption.
Oatmeal, almond drink, coconut milk, or fibrous vegetables are remarkably filling.
Watch out! The additions mentioned keep you full longer and increase the number of calories in the smoothie.
Protein should be a staple in at least two of your smoothies. For what reason? Due to the smoothie diet, the body may want to take the missing energy from the muscles after the second or third day.
To prevent this: Stir in plant-based protein powder or whey, hemp seed, flaxseed, or Greek cream yogurt into your smoothies.
Avoid caffeine, sugar, solid foods, and alcohol while on the complete smoothie diet.
This Is Important To Keep In Mind When Following The Smoothie Diet
- Before starting the smoothie diet, you should allow yourself one or two days off. That means avoiding coffee, sugary foods, alcohol, and nicotine.
Avoid wheat products and fatty foods like pizza and fries. Instead, eat lots of vegetables, preferably in the form of raw vegetables – the best basis for the upcoming smoothie diet.
- Avoid too much fructose on the smoothie diet
and prepare different smoothies so that you are supplied with many different vitamins and nutrients.
- Match your smoothie size to your actual meal size. For example, a more significant portion for lunch and a smaller portion for breakfast. It is essential to achieve a calorie deficit of 300 to 500 calories to achieve weight loss success at the end of the day.
- Counteract the feeling of hunger by drinking a lot in between, especially still water, herbal teas, unsweetened fruit teas, and lemon water (cold or lukewarm). Recommendation: At least two liters a day.
- Feeling hungry for something hearty? A clear vegetable broth is allowed in the smoothie diet as a smoothie alternative.
- Refrain from too-hard HIIT workouts or 10-kilometer jogging distances; that would be an additional strain on your body. Additional stress – yes, sport can also trigger stress – increases the release of the stress hormone cortisol, which can hinder your success in losing weight.
Our sports tips during the smoothie diet: Yoga, short, pleasant strength training, cycling (no day trips), and lots of walking. If you are a passionate runner, do a short run of no more than 30 minutes at a medium to slow pace.
- After the little detox, you should take it slow. Reach for raw food and replace another main meal with liquid food. You can then step by step into cooked vegetables, oatmeal, rice, and boiled potatoes before returning to your usual diet.
Benefits Of The Smoothie Diet
- A healthy break for the body: the gastrointestinal tract is relieved
- You will be supplied with many vitamins and minerals
- After two to three days, you will feel fitter, more energetic, and more awake
- The smoothie diet shows you that your hunger is controlled by your head and not your stomach
- Time savings in the kitchen and no daily pondering about what to cook today
- Less water retention because we do without coffee, sugar, alcohol, and wheat products
- A few pounds lighter on the scales – which is natural. You were in a calorie deficit during the smoothie diet.
Also Read: 7 Healthy Extras For Your Salads